Jump to Main Content
- Peterson, Mark E.; Broome, Michael R.
- Veterinary radiology & ultrasound 2015 v.56 no.1 pp. 84-95
- thoracic cavity, etc ; carcinoma; cats; hyperthyroidism; scintigraphy; Show all 5 Subjects
- ... Thyroid scintigraphy is currently the reference standard for diagnosing and staging cats with hyperthyroidism, but few studies describing the scintigraphic characteristics in a large number of cats have been reported. The objective of this study was to better characterize thyroid scintigraphy findings by evaluating 2096 consecutive cats with hyperthyroidism that were referred over a 3.5‐year perio ...
- Lopez, Melinda M.; Kuzma, Alan B.; Margiocco, Marco L.; Cheng, Teresa; Enberg, Trevor B.; Head, Laurie
- Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care 2015 v.25 no.6 pp. 783-788
- thoracic cavity, etc ; abdomen; cats; echocardiography; heart; heart failure; males; patients; pericardium; vena cava; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... OBJECTIVE: To describe a case of cardiac malposition in a cat, and the successful management of the anomaly. CASE DESCRIPTION: A 2‐year‐old male neutered male British Shorthair cat weighing 7.58 kg was referred for bicavitary effusion. Ultrasonography and echocardiography demonstrated displacement of the heart into the abdomen through a diaphragmatic defect. Clinical signs of right‐sided congestiv ...
- Sapierzyński, R.; Jankowska, U.; Jagielski, D.; Kliczkowska-Klarowicz, K.
- Polish journal of veterinary sciences 2015 v.18 no.1 pp. 163-169
- thoracic cavity, etc ; aggression; biopsy; cats; clinical examination; cytoplasmic granules; drug therapy; glucocorticoids; histology; image analysis; lymph nodes; lymphoma; nasal cavity; neoplasm cells; prognosis; ultrasonic treatment; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Large granular lymphomas (LGLs) comprise a specific group of lymphomas regardless of classification scheme. An LGL consists of cells that show less or more mature morphology, but typically neoplastic cells possess cytoplasmic azurophilic granules clearly visible during cytological examination. The aim of the present study was to present clinical and cytological data on large granular lymphomas in ...