Jump to Main Content
- Bedini, Stefano, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Parasitology research 2015 v.114 no.1 pp. 227-236
- Aedes albopictus; Azadirachta indica; arthropod pests; butanol; chemical composition; ethyl acetate; filariasis; instars; larvae; limonoids; mosquito control; neem oil; oviposition; production functions; surveys; synthetic products; thin layer chromatography; toxicity
- ... Neem seed oil (NSO) of Azadirachta indica (Meliaceae) contains more than 100 determined biologically active compounds, and many formulations deriving from them showed toxicity, antifeedancy and repellence against a number of arthropod pests. However, it is widely known that botanical products can differ in their chemical composition and bioactivity, as function of the production site and productio ...
- Bedini, Stefano, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2015 v.22 no.21 pp. 17053-17064
- Bacillus subtilis; Culex quinquefasciatus; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Klebsiella pneumoniae; Poecilia reticulata; Salmonella Typhi; X-ray diffraction; agar; antibacterial properties; biosynthesis; developing countries; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; field experimentation; filariasis; fish; insect larvae; instars; leaves; lethal concentration 50; minimum inhibitory concentration; mosquito-borne diseases; nanoparticles; nanosilver; natural enemies; parasites; pathogens; people; population; predation; pupae; scanning electron microscopy; surface plasmon resonance; toxicity
- ... Mosquito-borne diseases represent a deadly threat for millions of people worldwide. Furthermore, pathogens and parasites polluting water also constitute a severe plague for populations of developing countries. In this study, silver nanoparticles (AgN) were biosynthesized a cheap aqueous extract of T. asiatica leaves as reducing and stabilizing agent. The formation of nanoparticle was confirmed by ...