Jump to Main Content
- Moreau, Mireille; Plourde, Hugues; Hendrickson-Nelson, Mary; Martin, Joanne
- Journal of nutrition in gerontology and geriatrics 2015 v.34 no.4 pp. 369-387
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; body mass index; cooking; eating habits; elderly; elderly nutrition; fruits; milk; nutrition assessment; observational studies; questionnaires; risk; screening; t-test; vegetables; whole grain foods; Quebec; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Nutrition interventions offer an opportunity to meet the nutritional needs of community-dwelling older adults. This retrospective qualitative observational study aimed to determine if nutrition education-based cooking workshops offered in Southern Quebec helped improve dietary habits and nutrition-related knowledge, autonomy, and confidence among older adults. Participants (n = 144) in an 8-sessio ...
- Breen, Cathy; Ryan, Miriam; Gibney, Michael J.; O'Shea, Donal
- The British journal of nutrition 2015 v.114 no.3 pp. 439-447
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; adults; blood glucose; body mass index; cross-sectional studies; education; energy content; food choices; food records; foods; glycemic index; lipids; longevity; males; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; nutrient intake; nutrition labeling; quality of life; questionnaires; sociodemographic characteristics; sugars; vegetable consumption; vegetables; weight control; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Nutrition knowledge and skills enable individuals with type 2 diabetes (T2DM) to make food choices that optimise metabolic self-management and quality of life. The present study examined the relationship between nutrition knowledge and skills, and nutrient intake in T2DM. A cross-sectional analysis of diabetes-related nutrition knowledge and nutrient intake was conducted in 124 T2DM individuals ma ...
- Madsen, Kristine; Linchey, Jennifer; Gerstein, Dana; Ross, Michelle; Myers, Esther; Brown, Katie; Crawford, Patricia
- Childhood obesity 2015 v.11 no.4 pp. 375-383
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; accelerometers; autumn; body mass index; childhood obesity; children; dietetics; eating habits; energy balance; issues and policy; physical activity; public health; schools; spring; students; vegetables; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Background: Identifying sustainable approaches to improving the physical activity (PA) and nutrition environments in schools is an important public health goal. This study examined the impact of Energy Balance for Kids with Play (EB4K with Play), a school-based intervention developed by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation and Playworks, on students' PA, dietary habits and knowledge, ...