Jump to Main Content
- Nuno F.F. Moreira; Carla A. Orge; Ana R. Ribeiro; Joaquim L. Faria; Olga C. Nunes; M. Fernando R. Pereira; Adrián M.T. Silva
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 87-96
- Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus aureus; amoxicillin; aqueous solutions; carbon; diclofenac; drugs; growth retardation; hormones; microorganisms; mineralization; oxidation; ozonation; ozone; pesticides; photocatalysis; photolysis; pollutants; toxicity; vapors; wastewater
- ... The degradation of two organic pollutants (amoxicillin and diclofenac) in 0.1 mM aqueous solutions was studied by using advanced oxidation processes, namely ozonation, photolysis, photolytic ozonation, photocatalysis and photocatalytic ozonation. Diclofenac was degraded quickly under direct photolysis by artificial light (medium-pressure vapor arc, λexc > 300 nm), while amoxicillin remained very s ...
- Xiurong Si; Xiangchun Quan; Yachuan Wu
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2015 v.99 no.24 pp. 10861-10870
- Bacillus subtilis; DNA; Escherichia coli; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; antibiotics; aqueous solutions; bacteria; bacterial adhesion; biofilm; coatings; electrolytes; encapsulation; exopolysaccharides; glass; growth retardation; leaching; mixed culture; polyacrylic acid; risk; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water purification
- ... Norspermidine is a potent and non-bactericidal small-molecule inhibitor of biofilm growth. In this study, impacts of norspermidine on biofilm control and existing biofilm dispersal by a mixed culture from wastewater treatment systems were investigated. A surface-mediated releasing approach for prevention of bacterial biofilm formation was established via encapsulating norspermidine into polyelectr ...