Jump to Main Content
- Nizzetto, Luca, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2015 v.49 no.9 pp. 5354-5362
- DDT (pesticide); HCH (pesticide); air; chlordane; estuaries; gas exchange; lindane; rivers; sediments; stream flow; volatilization; watersheds; East China Sea; Yangtze River
- ... Gaseous exchange fluxes of organochlorine pesticides (OCPs) across the air–water interface of the coastal East China Sea were determined in order to assess whether the contaminated plume of the Yangtze River could be an important regional source of OCPs to the atmosphere. Hexachlorocyclohexanes (HCHs), chlordane compounds (CHLs), and dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethanes (DDTs) were the most frequently ...
- Nizzetto, Luca, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2015 v.206 pp. 588-596
- air; atmospheric deposition; climate change; dry season; emissions; floodplains; glaciers; melting; pollutants; polychlorinated biphenyls; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; river water; snowmelt; surface water; watersheds; Ganges River; India
- ... Melting glaciers are natural redistributors of legacy airborne pollutants, affecting exposure of pristine proglacial environments. Our data shows that melting Himalayan glaciers can be major contributors of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and high-molecular-weight polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) for surface water in the Gangetic Plain during the dry season. Glacial emissions can exceed in ...