Jump to Main Content
- Miller, Michael W., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of wildlife diseases 2015 v.51 no.4 pp. 801-810
- Bayesian theory; Odocoileus hemionus; adults; biopsy; chronic wasting disease; deer; females; genes; genotype; models; prions; probability; wildlife
- ... Biopsy of rectal mucosa–associated lymphoid tissue provides a useful, but imperfect, live-animal test for chronic wasting disease (CWD) in mule deer (Odocoileus hemionus). It is difficult and expensive to complete these tests on free-ranging animals, and wildlife health managers will benefit from methods that can accommodate test results of varying quality. To this end, we developed a hierarchical ...
- Miller, Michael W., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of wildlife diseases 2015 v.51 no.1 pp. 19-27
- Mycoplasma ovipneumoniae; Ovis canadensis; Pasteurellaceae; bacteria; mixed infection; neoplasms; paranasal sinuses; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; probability; regression analysis; Colorado
- ... Bighorn sheep (Ovis canadensis) sinus tumors are hyperplastic to neoplastic, predominantly stromal masses of the paranasal sinuses that expand the sinus lining and obstruct the sinus cavities. Obstruction of the sinus cavities and disruption of normal sinus lining anatomy may interfere with clearance of bacterial pathogens from the upper respiratory tract. To examine this possibility, we explored ...