Jump to Main Content
- Parajka, Juraj, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Vodohospodársky časopis 2015 v.63 no.3 pp. 228-234
- basins; climate; data collection; gauges; hydrologic models; prediction; runoff; Austria
- ... Direct interpolation of daily runoff observations to ungauged sites is an alternative to hydrological model regionalisation. Such estimation is particularly important in small headwater basins characterized by sparse hydrological and climate observations, but often large spatial variability. The main objective of this study is to evaluate predictive accuracy of top-kriging interpolation driven by ...
- Parajka, Juraj, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Österreichische Wasser- und Abfallwirtschaft 2015 v.67 no.11-12 pp. 432-440
- case studies; hydrologic models; remote sensing; satellites; snow; snowpack; water resources; watersheds; Austria
- ... This paper presents methods to combine satellite-based estimation of snow cover characteristics with hydrological modeling for Austrian catchments and discusses their pros and cons for water resources applications. Based on case studies the paper illustrates that the remote sensing methods can significantly improve the estimates of catchment snow packs as compared to traditional point measurements ...