Jump to Main Content
- Wasaki, Jun, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant and soil 2015 v.390 no.1-2 pp. 223-236
- Andosols; Lupinus; Regosols; bioaccumulation; corn; intercropping; mixed culture; nutrient uptake; pH; phosphorus; phytic acid; plant growth; rhizosphere; soil nutrient dynamics
- ... AIMS: This study of a maize-white lupin model cropping system was conducted to investigate the effects of rhizosphere-sharing of white lupin, a P-efficient plant, on growth and P accumulation of maize under different P rates and forms in two contrasting soils. METHODS: With Regosol and Andosol, a 42-day pot experiment was conducted for 0P (no P addition), 50Pi, 100Pi (50 and 100 mg P kg⁻¹soil by N ...
- Wasaki, Jun, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2015 v.99 no.10 pp. 4287-4295
- Escherichia coli; Firmicutes; Spirochaetales; Verrucomicrobium; bacteria; cellobiose; genes; metagenomics; phylogeny; polymerase chain reaction; proteins; rumen; sewage sludge; sheep; soil; sugar beet
- ... Cellobiose 2-epimerase (CE) catalyzes the reversible epimerization of cellobiose to 4-O-β-D-glucopyranosyl-D-mannose. By using a PCR-based metagenomic approach, 71 ce-like gene fragments were obtained from wide-ranging environmental samples such as sheep rumen, soils, sugar beet extracts, and anaerobic sewage sludge. The frequency of isolation of the fragments similar to known sequences varied dep ...