Jump to Main Content
- Sirichoat, Apiwat; Chaijaroonkhanarak, Wunnee; Prachaney, Parichat; Pannangrong, Wanassanan; Leksomboon, Ratana; Chaichun, Amnart; Wigmore, Peter; Welbat, Jariya Umka
- Nutrients 2015 v.7 no.10 pp. 8413-8423
- propylene glycol, etc ; Centella asiatica; acid treatment; adults; animal models; antioxidants; cell culture; cell proliferation; cognition; hippocampus; males; memory; memory disorders; neurogenesis; neuroprotective effect; protein content; rats; triterpenoids; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Asiatic acid is a pentacyclic triterpene from Centella asiatica. Previous studies have reported that asiatic acid exhibits antioxidant and neuroprotective activities in cell culture. It also prevents memory deficits in animal models. The objective of this study was to investigate the relationship between spatial working memory and changes in cell proliferation within the hippocampus after administ ...
- PubMed Central:
- Chiu, Wing Sin; Belsey, Natalie A.; Garrett, Natalie L.; Moger, Julian; Delgado-Charro, M. Begoña; Guy, Richard H.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2015 v.112 no.25 pp. 7725-7730
- propylene glycol, etc ; Raman spectroscopy; dimethyl sulfoxide; drugs; fungi; humans; keratin; microscopy; psoriasis; solvents; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The effective treatment of diseases of the nail remains an important unmet medical need, primarily because of poor drug delivery. To address this challenge, the diffusion, in real time, of topically applied chemicals into the human nail has been visualized and characterized using stimulated Raman scattering (SRS) microscopy. Deuterated water (D ₂O), propylene glycol (PG-d ₈), and dimethyl sulphoxi ...
- PubMed Central: