Jump to Main Content
- Tarpley, L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of agronomy and crop science 2015 v.201 no.2 pp. 105
- 1-methylcyclopropene; Oryza sativa; chlorophyll; crop yield; ethylene; fluorescence; hybrids; inflorescences; leaves; night temperature; photosynthesis; pollen germination; reactive oxygen species; receptors; stomatal conductance; thylakoids
- ... High night temperature (HNT) can induce ethylene-triggered reactive oxygen species production, which can cause premature leaf senescence and membrane damage, thereby affecting production, consumption and transfer of photosyn-thates, and yield. The 1-methylcyclopropene (1-MCP) can competitively bind with ethylene receptors and decrease ethylene effects. The objective was to determine the effects of ...
- Tarpley, Michael, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 2015 v.567 pp. 66-74
- benzophenones; cysteine; detergents; heparin; hydrophobicity; in vitro studies; reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography
- ... We have generated a photoactivatable form of sonic hedgehog protein by modifying the N-terminal cysteine with the heterobifunctional photocrosslinker 4-maleimidobenzophenone (Bzm). The Bzm modification on ShhN imparted a significant increase in activity as assessed in the C3H10T1/2 functional assay with potency comparable to that of the endogenous dual-lipidated form of ShhN (ShhNp). Reversed-phas ...
- PubMed Central: