Jump to Main Content
- Frommhagen, Matthias; Sforza, Stefano; Westphal, Adrie H; Visser, Jaap; Hinz, Sandra W A; Koetsier, Martijn J; van Berkel, Willem J H; Gruppen, Harry; Kabel, Mirjam A
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2015 v.8 no.1 pp. 101
- Myceliophthora thermophila, etc ; biofuels; biorefining; byproducts; cellulose; chitin; databases; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; fungi; glucooligosaccharides; mechanism of action; monosaccharides; phytomass; starch; synergism; xylan; xylooligosaccharides; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Many agricultural and industrial food by-products are rich in cellulose and xylan. Their enzymatic degradation into monosaccharides is seen as a basis for the production of biofuels and bio-based chemicals. Lytic polysaccharide monooxygenases (LPMOs) constitute a group of recently discovered enzymes, classified as the auxiliary activity subgroups AA9, AA10, AA11 and AA13 in the CAZy da ...
- PubMed Central:
- Torpenholt, Søs; De Maria, Leonardo; Olsson, Mats H.M.; Christensen, Lars H.; Skjøt, Michael; Westh, Peter; Jensen, Jan H.; Lo Leggio, Leila
- Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal 2015 v.13 pp. 256-264
- Myceliophthora thermophila, etc ; Aspergillus aculeatus; biotechnology; differential scanning calorimetry; enzyme inactivation; half life; heat inactivation; melting point; mutants; mutation; prediction; thermal stability; thermophilic microorganisms; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... New variants of β-1,4-galactanase from the mesophilic organism Aspergillus aculeatus were designed using the structure of β-1,4-galactanase from the thermophile organism Myceliophthora thermophila as a template. Some of the variants were generated using PROPKA 3.0, a validated pKa prediction tool, to test its usefulness as an enzyme design tool. The PROPKA designed variants were D182N and S185D/Q1 ...
- PubMed Central: