Jump to Main Content
- O’Shaughnessy, James; Earley, Bernadette; Barrett, Damien; Doherty, Michael L; Crosson, Paul; de Waal, Theo; Mee, John F
- Irish veterinary journal 2015 v.68 no.1 pp. 29
- zinc sulfate, etc ; antibiotics; beef; blood; bovine viral diarrhea; calves; colostrum; farmers; farms; feces; herd health; herds; immunoglobulins; liver flukes; pathogens; profitability; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; rumen; screening; turbidity; viruses; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Calf output is a key element in determining the profitability of a suckler beef enterprise. Infectious agents such as Bovine Virus Diarrhoea (BVD) virus, colostrum management and parasitic challenge can all affect calf output. Prior to the national BVD eradication programme, there was little published information on either the prevalence or effect of BVD in Irish beef herds. There is l ...
- PubMed Central:
- Root, Robert A.; Hayes, Sarah M.; Hammond, Corin M.; Maier, Raina M.; Chorover, Jon
- Applied geochemistry 2015 v.62 pp. 131-149
- zinc sulfate, etc ; X-ray absorption spectroscopy; arsenic; bioavailability; carbonates; ecosystems; environmental health; ferrihydrite; geochemistry; gypsum; humans; iron; jarosite; lead; mine tailings; pH; particulates; pyrite; risk; semiarid zones; siderite; smithsonite; toxic substances; toxicity; weathering; wind; zinc; Arizona; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Toxic metalliferous mine-tailings pose a significant health risk to ecosystems and neighboring communities from wind and water dispersion of particulates containing high concentrations of toxic metal(loid)s (e.g., Pb, As, Zn). Tailings are particularly vulnerable to erosion before vegetative cover can be reestablished, i.e., decades or longer in semi-arid environments without intervention. Metal(l ...
- PubMed Central: