Jump to Main Content
- Li, Houhua, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2015 v.137 no.33 pp. 10720-10727
- alcohols; isomerization; medical sciences; stereochemistry; topology
- ... The stereoselective construction of C20 in steroidal derivatives by a highly diastereoselective Ir-catalyzed isomerization of primary allylic alcohols is reported. A key aspect of this strategy is a straightforward access to geometrically pure steroidal enol tosylate and enol triflate intermediates for subsequent high yielding stereoretentive Negishi cross-coupling reactions to allow structural di ...
- Li, Houhua, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2015 v.137 no.37 pp. 11946-11949
- biomimetics; chemical reactions; enantiomers; mechanistic models; phenylacetic acid; synthesis
- ... We report herein the first total synthesis of (−)-incarviatone A (1) in 14 steps starting from commercially available inexpensive phenylacetic acid (9). Our early stage synthesis relies on the scalable and sequential C–H functionalization to rapidly assemble the indanyl dialdehyde framework. Further biomimetic cascade strategy allows us to obtain the natural product in a one-pot operation. We also ...