Jump to Main Content
- Baladrón, Alejandro V., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Revista mexicana de biodiversidad 2015 v.86 no.2 pp. 553-555
- Thylamys; females; genetic analysis; Argentina; Pampas region
- ... A new record for the desert mouse opossum of the genus Thylamys is reported. One female was captured in the General Pueyrredón County, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina. The specimen was found in a mountain environment corresponding to Tandilia system, one of the 2 mountain systems of the Pampas Region. This specimen constitutes the easternmost record, extending its distribution range 135km eastwar ...
- Baladrón, Alejandro V., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Journal of raptor research 2015 v.49 no.4 pp. 479-485
- Athene cunicularia; arms (limbs); blood sampling; body size; claws; color; females; geographical variation; males; plumage; sex determination; sexual dimorphism; tail; Argentina; Caribbean; North America
- ... We studied body size and sexual dimorphism in the southernmost subspecies of the Burrowing Owl (Athene cunicularia cunicularia) at the Pampas of Argentina, and we compared our data with those from other subspecies in the Americas. A total of 58 individuals were captured and their coloration pattern (plumage and bare parts), body linear measurements (wing chord, standard tail length, tarsus length ...