Jump to Main Content
- Villa, Federica, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Current microbiology 2015 v.71 no.1 pp. 106-114
- Escherichia coli; ampicillin; anti-infective properties; biocatalysts; biofilm; immobilized enzymes; polygalacturonase; subtilisin
- ... The effects of two commercially available immobilized enzymes (namely the glycosidase pectinase and the protease subtilisin A) at sub-lethal concentrations were investigated in terms of their influence on biofilm genesis, on the composition of the biofilm matrix, and their antibiotic synergy against Escherichia coli biofilm, used as a model system of bacterial biofilms. The best antibiofilm perfor ...
- Villa, Federica, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Annals of microbiology 2015 v.65 no.2 pp. 1153-1158
- Nostoc; adenosine triphosphate; biocides; biofilm; biotin; carotenoids; chlorophyll; color; equations; irradiation; linear models; monitoring; phycocyanin; phycoerythrin; temperature; ultraviolet radiation
- ... Repeated short–term exposures to: (1) a commercial isothiazoline biocide (Biotin T®), (2) constant temperature (37 °C) and (3) UV-C germicidal irradiation (254 nm) on planktonic culture of an aeroterrestrial cyanobacterium of the genus Nostoc was carried out to assess (1) the effectiveness of the three trial treatments, referred to here as biocide strategies, and (2) the usefulness of CIELAB color ...