Jump to Main Content
- Mendes, Francisco R.S.; Silva, Francisca G.E.; Sousa, Erlânio O.; Rodrigues, Fabíola F.G.; Costa, José G.M.; Monte, Francisco J.Q.; Lemos, Telma L.G.; Assunção, João C.C.
- The Journal of essential oil research 2015 v.27 no.3 pp. 259-263
- Alpinia zerumbet, etc ; Escherichia coli; Klebsiella pneumoniae; Staphylococcus aureus; antibacterial properties; chemical composition; cineole; essential oils; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hydrodistillation; leaves; minimum inhibitory concentration; neomycin; sabinene; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Essential oils are new natural medicines, which have been studied extensively in recent years. In this paper, the chemical composition of the essential oil from Alpinia zerumbet leaves and its ability to modulate the activity of aminoglycoside antibiotics is reported. The essential oil was extracted by hydrodistillation and analyzed by gas chromatography (GC) and GC–mass spectrometry (GC/MS). The ...
- Ahmad, I.; Rafiq, M. B.; Dole, J. M.
- Acta horticulturae 2015 no.1097 pp. 199-204
- Alpinia zerumbet, etc ; Callistemon citrinus; Hippeastrum; Jatropha; Justicia brandegeana; Nerium oleander; Rosa; Sambucus ebulus; Senna alata; Tecoma stans; adverse effects; buckets; consumers (people); cut flowers; flowers; hybrids; industry; longevity; marketing; ornamental woody plants; screening; silver nitrate; stems; sucrose; tap water; vase life; Pakistan; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Pakistan has a huge diversity of ornamentals being grown in various regions, but the local cut flower industry is dominated by roses, gladioli, marigolds and tuberoses only. Several herbaceous and woody ornamentals were screened for their suitability to be used as specialty cut flowers. Nine ornamental species were selected that had elegant flowers and sturdy stems. Stems were harvested at optimal ...