Jump to Main Content
- Amills, M., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Animal genetics 2015 v.46 no.4 pp. 433-436
- Y chromosome; alleles; ancestry; cattle; gene pool; loci; swine; East Asia; Europe; India; Northern Africa; Uganda
- ... In this study, we have characterized the mitochondrial diversity of 81 swine from Uganda. Median‐joining network analysis of D‐loop sequences from these individuals and others characterized in previous studies allowed us to determine that Ugandan pigs cluster with populations from the West (Europe/North Africa), Far East and India. In addition, partial sequencing of the Y‐chromosome UTY locus in 1 ...
- Amills, M., et al. Show all 17 Authors
- Animal genetics 2015 v.46 no.4 pp. 452-456
- food availability; founder effect; goats; haplotypes; humans; islands; Canary Islands; Egypt; Iran; Turkey (country)
- ... In the course of human migrations, domestic animals often have been translocated to islands with the aim of assuring food availability. These founder events are expected to leave a genetic footprint that may be recognised nowadays. Herewith, we have examined the mitochondrial diversity of goat populations living in the Canarian and Balearic archipelagos. Median‐joining network analysis produced ve ...