Jump to Main Content
- Armstrong, A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant pathology 2015 v.64 no.2 pp. 456-466
- Chamaecyparis lawsoniana; Juniperus communis; Libocedrus chilensis; Phytophthora; Xanthocyparis nootkatensis; dieback; drainage; internal transcribed spacers; leaves; loci; mortality; pathogens; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; streams; trees; Argentina; England; Scotland
- ... From 2011 to 2013, Phytophthora austrocedrae was isolated from diseased Juniperus communis exhibiting dieback and mortality at eight geographically separate sites in Scotland and northern England. The pathogen was also confirmed present either by standard PCR of the ITS locus and sequencing or by real‐time PCR on J. communis with symptoms at a further 11 sites in northern Britain. Out of 167 J. co ...
- Armstrong, A. Robert, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2015 v.3 no.14 pp. 7314-7322
- X-ray absorption spectroscopy; cathodes; chemical bonding; electrolytes; iron; lithium batteries; silicon; stoichiometry
- ... In situ X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy (XAS) results are presented for Li₂FeSiO₄ and Li₂.₂Fe₀.₉SiO₄, promising cathode materials for lithium-ion batteries. The aims are to establish the valence and local structure of Fe during charge and discharge to understand if the Fe³⁺/Fe⁴⁺ redox pair can be reached in the current battery design. It is found that the valence state changes between Fe²⁺ and Fe³⁺, ...