Jump to Main Content
- Babić, Sanja, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2015 v.526 pp. 127-135
- Eisenia fetida; adverse effects; barium; bioaccumulation; cadmium; chromium; cobalt; copper; distress; earthworms; fertilizers; homeostasis; humans; iron; lead; manganese; metalloids; molybdenum; nickel; sewage sludge; sewage treatment; soil; soil pollution; soil treatment; tissues; toxicity; vanadium; wastewater treatment; zinc
- ... Treated sewage sludge is commonly used in agriculture as fertilizer. It is, therefore, necessary to determine possible detrimental influences of sludge application on soil contamination and accumulation of contaminants in tissues of terrestrial animals, which in the long run could also have undesirable effects on humans. With that aim, the study was performed using earthworm Eisenia fetida as test ...
- Babić, Sanja, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2015 v.538 pp. 23-37
- Carassius gibelio; Eisenia fetida; albumins; antibiotic resistance; aquatic habitat; biosensors; blood chemistry; carp; earthworms; environmental factors; erythrocytes; erythromycin; genotoxicity; health status; histopathology; oxidative stress; pathogens; pollutants; sludge; sulfamethoxazole; superoxide dismutase; surface water; triacylglycerols; urea; wastewater; zoonoses
- ... Relating the treated wastewater quality and its impact on organismic biosensors (Prussian carp, Carassius gibelio and earthworm, Eisenia fetida) was the main objective of the study. The impact on health status of fish living downstream, microbiological contamination and antimicrobial resistance, fish tissue structure, blood biochemistry, oxidative stress, genotoxic effects, as well as multixenobio ...