Jump to Main Content
- Belton, Peter, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2015 v.87 no.21 pp. 10848-10855
- algorithms; crystal structure; differential scanning calorimetry; drug formulations; drugs; heat; manufacturing; microscopy; phase transition; polyethylene glycol; quality control; rapid methods; screening; thermal analysis
- ... Characterizing inter- and intrasample heterogeneity of solid and semisolid pharmaceutical products is important both for rational design of dosage forms and subsequent quality control during manufacture; however, most pharmaceutical products are multicomponent formulations that are challenging in this regard. Thermal analysis, in particular differential scanning calorimetry, is commonly used to ob ...
- Belton, Peter, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biomacromolecules 2015 v.16 no.1 pp. 76-86
- beta-lactoglobulin; coatings; drying; dynamic vapor sorption method; infrared spectroscopy; magnetic resonance imaging
- ... The drying dynamics of protein coatings is of importance for many applications. The main focus of research so far was to investigate macroscopic properties of protein coatings, leaving drying dynamics virtually unexplored. A unique combination of techniques is used to monitor drying of a coating containing the protein β-lactoglobulin. The techniques used cover both macroscopic and microscopic aspe ...