Jump to Main Content
- Burzyński, Artur, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2015 v.22 no.3 pp. 2018-2030
- Escherichia coli; amoxicillin; antibiotic resistance; fluoroquinolones; genes; monitoring; phenotype; piperacillin; polymerase chain reaction; rivers; sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim; wastewater; wastewater treatment; Baltic Sea; Poland
- ... In this study, antimicrobial-resistance patterns were analyzed in Escherichia coli isolates from raw (RW) and treated wastewater (TW) of two wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs), their marine outfalls (MOut), and mouth of the Vistula River (VR). Susceptibility of E. coli was tested against different classes of antibiotics. Isolates resistant to at least one antimicrobial agent were PCR tested for t ...
- PubMed Central:
- Burzyński, Artur, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Freshwater biology 2015 v.60 no.9 pp. 1824-1840
- Asellus aquaticus; DNA barcoding; animals; cytochrome-c oxidase; data collection; freshwater; genes; genetic databases; genetic variation; haplotypes; introgression; karsts; monophyly; morphospecies; phylogeography; ribosomal DNA; secondary contact; Balkans; Sweden; Turkey (country)
- ... Pleistocene glaciations affected the present‐day distribution and genetic diversity of animal species in Europe. Deep genetic subdivisions observed in European populations of the widespread freshwater isopod morphospecies, Asellus aquaticus, suggest the presence of putative cryptic species. We used the DNA barcodes of the cytochrome c oxidase subunit 1 (COI) gene combined with distance‐ and tree‐b ...