Jump to Main Content
- Colombo, P., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant biosystems 2015 v.149 no.6 pp. 1042-1051
- Apiaceae; asexual reproduction; autogamy; breeding; endangered species; flowers; indigenous species; light microscopy; mountains; scanning electron microscopy; seed dispersal; Sicily
- ... Petagnaea gussonei (Apiaceae) is an endangered species endemic to the Nebrodi mountains (north-eastern Sicily). Although an increasing number of studies have been performed on this species, its reproductive biology remains poorly understood. The aim of this study was to investigate in detail the structure of the flower and the fruit of Petagnaea , and the possible implications for its breeding sys ...
- Colombo, P., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Aerobiologia 2015 v.31 no.4 pp. 499-513
- Ambrosia; Cannabaceae; Chrysomelidae; Urticaceae; biological control agents; environmental factors; flowering; linear models; meteorological data; meteorology; pollen; regression analysis; Italy
- ... This study aims to determine whether a significant decrease in airborne concentrations of Ambrosia pollen witnessed in the north-west of the Province of Milan in Northern Italy could be explained by environmental factors such as meteorology, or whether there is evidence to support the hypothesis that the decrease was related to the presence of large numbers of the oligophagous Ophraella communa le ...