Jump to Main Content
- Cui, Guangyu, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2015 v.175 pp. 646-650
- ammonium nitrogen; cocoons; earthworms; electrical conductivity; microbial biomass; nitrate nitrogen; phosphorus; sludge; vermicomposting; vermicomposts
- ... The aim of this study was to investigate the feasibility of vermistabilization of fresh pelletized dewatered sludges (PDS) without any bulking materials using earthworms Bimastus parvus. For this, two pelletized treatments with 4.5mm and 14.5mm fresh PDS and one without pelletized treatment were setup. Earthworm’s fate test showed that earthworms could not survive in the treatment without pelletis ...
- Cui, Guangyu, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation 2015 v.104 pp. 452-459
- Cercozoa; Flavobacteria; Sphingobacteriia; ammonium nitrogen; carbon; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; earthworms; electrical conductivity; microorganisms; nitrate nitrogen; organic matter; particle size; phosphorus; polymerase chain reaction; principal component analysis; ribosomal DNA; sludge; vermicomposting
- ... This study aimed to investigate the dynamics of bacterial and eukaryotic community associated with stability during vermicomposting of pelletized dewatered sludge (PDS). For this, dewatered sludge was pelletized to the particle sizes of 4.5 mm and 14.5 mm and then vermicomposted for 60 days using earthworms Bimastus parvus. Physicochemical results showed that vermicomposting resulted in the decrem ...