Jump to Main Content
- Prazeres, Duarte M. F., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biotechnology & genetic engineering reviews 2015 v.31 no.1-2 pp. 82-107
- bioavailability; biopharmaceuticals; biotechnology; clinical trials; gene expression; genetic engineering; introns; manufacturing; plasmids; protein synthesis; replication origin; therapeutics; transfection
- ... Despite very good safety records, clinical trials using plasmid DNA failed due to low transfection efficiency and brief transgene expression. Although this failure is both due to poor plasmid design and to inefficient delivery methods, here we will focus on the former. The DNA elements like CpG motifs, selection markers, origins of replication, cryptic eukaryotic signals or nuclease-susceptible re ...
- Prazeres, Duarte M. F., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2015 v.90 no.2 pp. 255-261
- Escherichia coli; acetates; biomass; bioprocessing; carbon; culture media; fiber optics; genes; glucose; glycerol; least squares; models; monitoring; near-infrared spectroscopy; pharmaceutical industry; plasmids; prediction
- ... BACKGROUND: While the pharmaceutical industry keeps an eye on plasmid DNA production for new generation gene therapies, real‐time monitoring techniques for plasmid bioproduction are as yet unavailable. This work shows the possibility of in situ monitoring of plasmid production in Escherichia coli cultures using a near infrared (NIR) fiber optic probe. RESULTS: Partial least squares (PLS) regressio ...