Jump to Main Content
- Ducharme, Norm, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- American journal of veterinary research 2015 v.76 no.5 pp. 426-436
- horses; larynx; monitoring; muscles; muscular atrophy; nerve tissue; ultrasonography
- ... OBJECTIVE To describe the ultrasonographic changes in the cricoarytenoideus dorsalis (CAD) and cricoarytenoideus lateralis (CAL) muscles of horses before and at various times during the 32 weeks after unilateral neurectomy of the right recurrent laryngeal nerve. ANIMALS 28 healthy Standardbreds. PROCEDURES For each horse, the appearance of the CAD and CAL muscles on the right (neurectomized) and l ...
- Ducharme, Norm G., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Veterinary surgery 2015 v.44 no.3 pp. 341-347
- anesthesia; cost effectiveness; drainage; endoscopy; horses; larynx; local anesthetics; peripheral nervous system diseases; risk; veterinarians
- ... OBJECTIVE: To describe the clinical experience with standing laryngoplasty in a series of horses mostly nonracing. STUDY DESIGN: Case series. ANIMALS: Seventy‐one client‐owned horses. METHODS: Medical records (April 2008–February 2014) of horses treated by standing laryngoplasty for abnormal respiratory noise and or poor performance were reviewed. Horses were included if they had a diagnosis of id ...