Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: foltz?
- Folta, Kevin M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Plant growth regulation 2015 v.77 no.2 pp. 147-155
- Arabidopsis thaliana; additive effect; gene expression; genes; mutants; petioles; phenotype; receptors; signal transduction
- ... Plants grown in shade exhibit changes in architecture and gene expression to best accommodate growth in photosynthetically challenging conditions. Adaptive changes in morphology include stem and petiole elongation and leaf hyponasty. These changes can be induced by low red to far-red ratio (R/Fr ratio) or by enrichment of green light relative to red and blue. In this report we demonstrate the rela ...
- Folta, Kevin M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Transgenic research 2015 v.24 no.4 pp. 693-704
- Arabidopsis thaliana; Fragaria vesca; anthracnose; crops; cultivars; diploidy; disease resistance; fruits; fungi; gene overexpression; genes; leaf spot; pathogens; powdery mildew; strawberries; systemic acquired resistance; transgenic plants
- ... Although strawberry is an economically important fruit crop worldwide, production of strawberry is limited by its susceptibility to a wide range of pathogens and the lack of major commercial cultivars with high levels of resistance to multiple pathogens. The objective of this study is to ectopically express the Arabidopsis thaliana NPR1 gene (AtNPR1) in the diploid strawberry Fragaria vesca L. and ...
- Folta, Kevin M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Canadian journal of plant science 2015 v.95 no.6 pp. 1145-1154
- DNA; National Center for Biotechnology Information; Prunus dulcis; alleles; almonds; capillary electrophoresis; genetic databases; germplasm; introns; loci; phylogeny; polymerase chain reaction; ribonucleases
- ... Rahemi, A., Gradziel T.M., Chaparro J.X., Folta, K.M., Taghavi, T., Fatahi, R., Ebadi, A. and Hassani, D. 2015. Phylogenetic relationships among the first and second introns of selected Prunus S-RNase genes. Can. J. Plant Sci. 95: 1145–1154. To identify and evaluate self-incompatible alleles in almonds and related germplasm, DNA from 15 Prunus species was amplified using two degenerate consensus p ...