Jump to Main Content
- Giorgi, Filippo, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Theoretical and applied climatology 2015 v.121 no.3-4 pp. 749-766
- atmospheric precipitation; climate; climate models; climatology; seasonal variation; temperature; value added; wet season; Southern Africa
- ... We present an analysis of a present-day climate simulation (1990–2009) for the Southern Africa region with the RegCM4 regional climate model (RCM, dx = 25 km ~0.22°) driven by the Community Atmospheric Model version 4 (CAM4) global climate model (GCM, dx = 1°). We assess the capability of the models to simulate the observed climate of the region with emphasis on precipitation, 2-m mean, minimum, a ...
- Giorgi, Filippo, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Climate dynamics 2015 v.45 no.1-2 pp. 425-440
- climate; climate models; data collection; greenhouse gases; surface water temperature; wet season; wind; Caribbean; Central America; Mexico
- ... An ensemble of future climate projections performed with the regional climate model RegCM4 is used to assess changes in inter-annual variability of precipitation over Southern Mexico and Central America (SMECAM). Two different Global Climate Models (GCMs) from the coupled model intercomparison project phase 5 are used to provide boundary conditions for two different RegCM4 configurations. This res ...