Jump to Main Content
- Guo, Xiaoming, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2015 v.51 pp. 69-75
- chromatography; copper; galacturonic acid; hydrocolloids; methylation; molecular weight; pectins; protein content; proteins; purification methods; sugar beet
- ... Metal precipitation is an effective method for the purification of pectins. To study the selectivity of copper ions toward binding pectic or non-pectic compounds, two fractions, namely copper-precipitated pectins (CPP) and copper-unprecipitated pectins (CUP) were fractionated from the mother sugar beet pectins by means of copper precipitation. Comparison on chemical feature revealed the isolated f ...
- Guo, Xiaoming, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food chemistry 2015 v.182 pp. 64-71
- calcium; calcium oxalate; coprecipitation; emulsifying; emulsifying properties; ethanol; ions; pH; pectins; solvents; sugar beet
- ... Effects of precipitation modes on the co-precipitation of insoluble oxalates particles during the purification of sugar beet pectins (SBP) from the extract were investigated. It was observed that soluble oxalate ions formed insoluble oxalate salts with calcium and precipitated with pectins during ethanol precipitation as pH of the medium increased and the solvent changed from water to ethanol–wate ...