Jump to Main Content
- Haine, D., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2015 v.98 no.4 pp. 2312-2321
- cows; dairy herds; herd improvement; lactation; milk; milk production; models; prediction; risk; somatic cell count; somatic cells; Quebec
- ... The regulatory limit in Canada for bulk tank somatic cell count (BTSCC) was recently lowered from 500,000 to 400,000 cells/mL. Herd indices based on changes in cow somatic cell count over 2 consecutive months (e.g., proportion of healthy or chronically infected cows, cows cured, and new intramammary infection rate) could be used as predictors for BTSCC violations. The objective of this study was t ...
- Haine, D., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2015 v.98 no.1 pp. 155-168
- Staphylococcus aureus; bacteria; biofilm; calving; dairy cows; dry period (lactation); genes; lactation; milk; minisatellite repeats; pathogens; phenotype; Canada
- ... Staphylococcus aureus is a significant pathogen frequently causing persistent intramammary infections (IMI) in dairy cows. We compared some genotypic and phenotypic characteristics of 285 strains collected from quarter milk samples from cows with persistent and nonpersistent subclinical IMI across Canada. Variable number of tandem repeats typing was used to infer the persistence of the same S. aur ...