Jump to Main Content
- Kläui, Mathias, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2015 v.137 no.24 pp. 7678-7685
- Raman spectroscopy; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; combustion; copper; dehalogenation; graphene; hexachlorobenzene; hydrogen; magnetic properties; nitrogen; oxygen; scanning electron microscopy; transmission electron microscopy
- ... Here we present the formation of predominantly sp²-coordinate carbon with magnetic- and heteroatom-induced structural defects in a graphene lattice by a stoichiometric dehalogenation of perchlorinated (hetero)aromatic precursors [hexachlorobenzene, C₆Cl₆ (HCB), and pentachloropyridine, NC₅Cl₅ (PCP)] with transition metals such as copper in a combustion synthesis. This route allows the build-up of ...
- Kläui, Mathias, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of materials science 2015 v.50 no.9 pp. 3425-3433
- chemistry; electrical conductivity; graphene; hydrochloric acid; hysteresis; mixing; nanoparticles; nickel; semiconductors
- ... Strong increase in electrical conductivity of graphene oxide (GO) (I ≈ 10⁻⁹ A) is found by addition of Ni nanoparticles (NiNPₛ) preliminarily solved by HCl (Niₛₒₗ) (I ≈ 10⁻⁴ A) or powder (Niₚₒw) obtained from this solution (I ≈ 10⁻⁶ A), while simply mixing GO with NiNPₛan insulator similar to pure GO is obtained. Thus, Niₛₒₗand Niₚₒwcan be used to transform GO from insulator to semiconductor. One ...