Jump to Main Content
- López-Fernández, Hernán, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2015 v.82 pp. 269-288
- Peckoltia; catfish; geographical distribution; ingestion; loci; mitochondria; paraphyly; sequence analysis; tropics; wood; Andes region
- ... The Neotropical catfish family Loricariidae is the fifth most species-rich vertebrate family on Earth, with over 800 valid species. The Hypostominae is its most species-rich, geographically widespread, and ecomorphologically diverse subfamily. Here, we provide a comprehensive molecular phylogenetic reappraisal of genus-level relationships in the Hypostominae based on our sequencing and analysis of ...
- López-Fernández, Hernán, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Copeia 2015 v.103 no.3 pp. 664-701
- Ancistrus; basins; coasts; lakes; monophyly; mountains; new species; systematic review; Andes region; Ecuador; Panama; Peru; Venezuela
- ... The rubbernose-pleco genus Chaetostoma comprises 47 currently valid and many undescribed species distributed along Atlantic and Pacific slopes of the Andes Mountains from Panama to southern Peru, the Coastal Mountains of Venezuela, and drainages of the Guiana and Brazilian shields. We present a five-locus molecular phylogeny for 21 described and six undescribed species of Chaetostoma spanning the ...