Jump to Main Content
- Lu, Zhiqiang, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of invertebrate pathology 2015 v.127 pp. 115-121
- Acyrthosiphon pisum; Escherichia coli; Micrococcus luteus; antioxidant activity; bacterial infections; double-stranded RNA; hydrogen peroxide; microorganisms; oxidative stress; peroxiredoxin; protective effect
- ... Reactive oxygen species (ROSs) are generated in organisms in response to infections caused by invading microbes. However, excessive ROSs will inflict oxidative damage on the host. Peroxiredoxins (Prxs) are antioxidative enzymes that may eliminate ROSs efficiently. In this study, ApPrx1 from the pea aphid Acyrthosiphon pisum was cloned, and its function was investigated in vitro and in vivo. In the ...
- Lu, Zhiqiang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biochemical systematics and ecology 2015 v.62 pp. 219-228
- Gentiana straminea; chloroplast DNA; climate change; genetic variation; haplotypes; models; niches; phylogeography; temperature; China
- ... The Qinghai–Tibet Plateau (QTP) has been considered as one of the most sensitive regions to climate change on Earth, and the growth and distribution of alpine species on this plateau have been suggested to depend greatly on their ability to survive within a small range of temperatures. However, the responses of most species in the QTP to the Quaternary climatic oscillation remain largely unknown. ...