Jump to Main Content
- Luo, S.N., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Composites 2015 v.68 pp. 282-288
- carbon nanotubes; composite materials; deformation; epoxides; microstructure; probability; tensile strength
- ... We investigate dynamic fracture of three types of multiwalled carbon nanotube (MWCNT)/epoxy composites and neat epoxy under high strain-rate loading (105–106s⁻¹). The composites include randomly dispersed, 1wt%, functionalized and pristine CNT/epoxy composites, as well as laminated, ∼50wt% CNT buckypaper/epoxy composites. The pristine and functionalized CNT composites demonstrate spall strength an ...
- Luo, S.N., et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Carbon 2015 v.91 pp. 468-478
- X-radiation; carbon; computed tomography; deformation; delamination; image analysis; microstructure; silicon carbide
- ... We investigate dynamic fracture of C/SiC composites under high strain-rate compression or tension with split Hopkinson pressure bar (SHPB) and gas gun loading. Components of the as-fabricated composites are mapped and quantified with X-ray computed tomography, including C fibers and fiber bundles, SiC matrix, and inter- and intrabundle voids. Compression loading is applied along the out-of- and in ...