Jump to Main Content
- Maughan, Peter J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- American journal of botany 2015 v.102 no.4 pp. 533-543
- allopolyploidy; diploidy; loci; breeding; phylogeny; tetraploidy; Chenopodium; weeds; hexaploidy; introns; crops
- ... • Premise of the study: Single-copy nuclear loci can provide powerful insights into polyploid evolution. Chenopodium (Amaranthaceae) is a globally distributed genus composed of approximately 50–75 species. The genus includes several polyploid species, some of which are considered noxious agricultural weeds, and a few are domesticated crops. Very little research has addressed their evolutionary ori ...
- Maughan, Peter J., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Conservation genetics resources 2015 v.7 no.2 pp. 349-352
- DNA; Nicrophorus orbicollis; barcoding; bioinformatics; chemistry; genotyping; nucleotide sequences; single nucleotide polymorphism
- ... We used genomic and bioinformatic techniques to identify single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) for use in population genetic studies and conservation efforts of North American burying beetles. Genomic reduction, barcoding, 454-pyrosequencing and de novo assembly of the resultant reads yielded 30,399 large contigs (>400 bp) for us to scrutinize. We identified 10,992 putative SNPs in DNA sequences ...