Jump to Main Content
- Netto, Flavia M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2015 v.125 pp. 26-34
- aqueous solutions; biopolymers; drainage; egg albumen; foaming; foaming capacity; ingredients; pH; polysaccharides; surfactants; thermodynamics
- ... Egg white protein (EW) is used as surface-active ingredient in aerated food and hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (HPMC) is a polysaccharide that behaves as a surfactant. This study aimed at investigating the effects of process parameters biopolymer concentration (2.0–5.0%, w/w), EW:HPMC ratio (2:1–18:1), pH (3.0–6.0), and the influence of biopolymers’ behavior in aqueous solution at different pH on th ...
- Netto, Flávia M., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2015 v.151 pp. 16-24
- amino acids; calcium chloride; electrophoresis; fermented meat; firmness; hardness; manufacturing; potassium chloride; proteins; proteolysis; rheological properties; salt substitutes; sodium chloride
- ... The effect of a 50% reduction of NaCl and its replacement by KCl, CaCl2, and a blend of KCl and CaCl2 (1:1) on the proteolysis and rheological properties of dry fermented sausages was investigated. The reduction or replacement of NaCl by KCl did not cause changes in the electrophoretic profile and the addition of CaCl2 decreased the degradation of sarcoplasmic proteins during the manufacturing pro ...