Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Xuewen; Bennetzen, Jeffrey L.
- Molecular genetics and genomics 2015 v.290 no.1 pp. 11-21
- Nicotiana tomentosiformis, etc ; Nicotiana benthamiana; Nicotiana sylvestris; Nicotiana tabacum; biosynthesis; chloroplasts; cultivars; diploidy; evolution; genetic markers; genomics; major genes; nicotine; nucleotide sequences; transcriptome; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Nicotiana, a member of the Solanaceae family, is one of the most important research model plants, and of high agricultural and economic value worldwide. To better understand the substantial and rapid research progress with Nicotiana in recent years, its genomics, genetics, and nicotine gene studies are summarized, with useful web links. Several important genetic maps, including a high-density map ...
- Chen, Yi-Yun; Li, Meng-Yao; Li, Yan; Wang, Feng; Xu, Zhi-Sheng; Xiong, Ai-Sheng
- Scientia horticulturae 2015 v.186 pp. 1-6
- Nicotiana tomentosiformis, etc ; Apium graveolens; Nicotiana plumbaginifolia; Nicotiana sylvestris; abiotic stress; amino acid sequences; amino acids; calcium; celery; cobalt; cold; copper; cultivars; drought; gene expression; genes; introns; iron; isoelectric point; magnesium; metal ions; molecular weight; nickel; open reading frames; proteins; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; sequence alignment; zinc; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Metallothioneins (MTs) are defined as small cysteine-rich, metal-binding proteins. In this study, the Agmt2 genes were cloned from three celery cultivars ‘Liuhe Huangxinqin’, ‘Jinnan Shiqin’ and ‘Ventura’, respectively. The Agmt2 gene showed a length of 231bp open reading frame (ORF) and encoded with 76 amino acid residues, with two introns of 385bp. Sequence analysis indicated that AgMT2 belonged ...