Jump to Main Content
- Nie, Wei, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2015 v.7 no.29 pp. 15777-15789
- adverse effects; alkaline phosphatase; bone formation; bone morphogenetic proteins; bones; calcium; chemical bonding; computed tomography; dexamethasone; histology; nanoparticles; osteoblasts; peptides; porous media; rats; silica; stem cells; tissue engineering
- ... Bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP-2), a growth factor that induces osteoblast differentiation and promotes bone regeneration, has been extensively investigated in bone tissue engineering. The peptides of bioactive domains, corresponding to residues 73–92 of BMP-2 become an alternative to reduce adverse side effects caused by the use of high doses of BMP-2 protein. In this study, BMP-2 peptide func ...
- Nie, Wei, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- ACS applied materials 2015 v.7 no.7 pp. 4354-4367
- absorbance; cell viability; computed tomography; cytotoxicity; gold; image analysis; iron oxides; irradiation; magnetic properties; nanocomposites; nanorods; neoplasm cells; neoplasms; therapeutics
- ... Construction of multifunctional nanocomposites as theranostic platforms has received considerable biomedical attention. In this study, a triple-functional theranostic agent based on the cointegration of gold nanorods (Au NRs) and superparamagnetic iron oxide (Fe₃O₄) into polypyrrole was developed. Such a theranostic agent (referred to as Au/PPY@Fe₃O₄) not only exhibits strong magnetic property and ...