Jump to Main Content
- Nonaka, Gen, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2015 v.119 no.2 pp. 176-179
- Escherichia coli; cysteine; regulon; sulfur; transactivators
- ... Using in silico analysis, the yciW gene of Escherichia coli was identified as a novel l-cysteine regulon that may be regulated by the transcriptional activator CysB for sulfur metabolic genes. We found that overexpression of yciW conferred tolerance to l-cysteine, but disruption of yciW increased l-cysteine production in E. coli. ...
- Nonaka, Gen, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2015 v.119 no.3 pp. 310-313
- Escherichia coli; biosynthesis; cysteine; derivatization; gene overexpression; regulon; sulfur
- ... We here analyzed a sulfur index of Escherichia coli using LC-MS/MS combined with thiol-specific derivatization by monobromobimane. The obtained sulfur index was then applied to evaluate the l-cysteine producer. E. coli cells overexpressing the yciW gene, a novel Cys regulon, accumulated l-homocysteine, suggesting that YciW is involved in l-methionine biosynthesis. ...