Jump to Main Content
- Tewari, Devesh; Pandey, Hemant K.; Sah, Archana N.; Meena, Harsahay; Chander, Vikas; Singh, Rakesh; Singh, Prashant
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2015 v.5 no.2 pp. 120-131
- Ocimum kilimandscharicum, etc ; Ocimum basilicum; Ocimum tenuiflorum; antidepressants; antioxidant activity; flavonoids; free radical scavengers; spectrophotometers; tannins; traditional medicine; Himalayan region; India; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Ocimum is used in traditional medicine, as a culinary herb and a well known source of flavouring principle. The antioxidant activity in three Ocimum taxa viz. O. basilicum , O . tenuiflorum , O. kilimandscharicum was determined by DPPH free radical scavenging ability and reducing power assay. Total phenolic, flavonoids and tannins were determined using spectrophotometric technique and comparative ...
- Rana, Virendra S.; Blazquez, M. Amparo
- Journal of essential oil-bearing plants 2015 v.18 no.5 pp. 1234-1241
- Ocimum kilimandscharicum, etc ; Ocimum basilicum; Ocimum gratissimum var. gratissimum; Ocimum tenuiflorum; aerial parts; beta-caryophyllene; camphor; chemical composition; essential oils; eugenol; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; germacrene; hydrodistillation; linalool; methyl chavicol; methyl eugenol; oils; India; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Chemical composition of the essential oils of five Ocimum species namely Ocimum tenuiflorum syn Ocimum sanctum L. (green and purple), Ocimum kilimandscharicum Guerke, Ocimum viride Willd, Ocimum basilicum L. and Ocimum gratissimum L., obtained by a hydrodistillation was determined by GC and GC-MS. A total of one hundred three compounds were identified in the oils of five Ocimum species, of which f ...