Jump to Main Content
- Paltrinieri, Saverio, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Research in veterinary science 2015 v.98 pp. 89-91
- allopurinol; aryldialkylphosphatase; blood serum; correlation; dogs; enzyme activity; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; inflammation; oxidation
- ... In order to assess whether the concentration of high density lipoproteins (HDLs) changes in leishmaniotic dogs before and after treatment, HDL cholesterol (HDL-Chol and HDL%), C reactive protein (CRP) and activity of the antioxidant enzyme paraoxonase (PON-1) were measured in sera from 10 controls and 10 leishmaniotic dogs. Seven of these latter were sampled also 3, 7, 14, 21 and 28 days after tre ...
- Paltrinieri, Saverio, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Animal reproduction science 2015 v.152 pp. 17-25
- Holstein; acute phase proteins; aspartate transaminase; blood serum; dairy cows; databases; erythrocyte count; erythrocytes; farms; hematology; inflammation; lactation; milk; neutropenia; neutrophils; pathogenesis; retained placenta; retrospective studies; thiols; zinc
- ... Retained placenta (RP) occurs frequently in dairy cattle but little is known about the pathogenic or prognostic role of the hematological changes in this disease. This retrospective study was designed to investigate the hematological changes associated with RP in the immediate post-partum period and to assess whether these changes are associated with an acute phase reaction. Data concerning hemato ...