Jump to Main Content
- Park, Jong-Ho, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Powder technology 2015 v.272 pp. 260-268
- fluidized beds; hydrodynamics; physical models; powders; prediction; simulation models; viscosity
- ... A two-dimensional (2D) numerical simulation of gas–solids flow in a circulating fluidized bed riser was performed based on the Two-Fluid Model (TFM). In this model, the kinetic theory of granular flows (KTGF) was used to solve gas–solids flow behavior. Despite several published studies, the selection of proper wall boundary conditions (BC) and the appropriate closure model to simulate riser flow r ...
- Park, Jong-Ho, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2015 v.54 no.34 pp. 8561-8568
- adsorbents; adsorption; atmospheric pressure; carbon; carbonization; engineering; fluorides; global warming potential; nitrogen; porous media; temperature; texture
- ... CF₄ is a gas with high global warming potential and has an extremely long atmospheric lifetime. This study developed a method for capturing CF₄ gas via adsorption using microporous carbons. Microporous carbon adsorbents were synthesized by a facile protocol involving carbonization of poly(vinylidene fluoride) (PVDF) at high temperatures (400–800 °C) without additional activation, and the effects o ...