Jump to Main Content
- Saha, Basudeb, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2015 v.178 pp. 108-118
- biomass; carbon; catalysts; condensation reactions; feedstocks; fuels; hydrogenation; lignocellulose; molecular weight; oligomerization; oxygen
- ... Lignocellulosic biomass provides an attractive source of renewable carbon that can be sustainably converted into chemicals and fuels. Hydrodeoxygenation (HDO) processes have recently received considerable attention to upgrade biomass-derived feedstocks into liquid transportation fuels. The selection and design of HDO catalysts plays an important role to determine the success of the process. This r ...
- Saha, Basudeb, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry 2015 v.3 no.7 pp. 1263-1277
- alkanes; biofuels; biomass; carbon; condensation reactions; economic sustainability; feedstocks; furfural; hydroxymethylfurfural
- ... Biomass is a promising feedstock for the next generation drop-in liquid fuels and renewable chemicals, and hence the development of economically viable technologies for the production of commodity and specialty chemicals from sustainable biomass have received significant attention in recent years. Although biomass transformation into drop-in biofuels involves multiple processing steps in which bio ...