Jump to Main Content
- Sala, Antonello, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Fisheries research 2015 v.172 pp. 352-360
- Nephrops norvegicus; Phycis blennoides; bycatch; data collection; equipment design; equipment performance; models; sharks; spatial distribution; trawl nets; Tyrrhenian Sea
- ... Galeus melastomus (blackmouth catshark) is often caught as bycatch in demersal trawls in the Mediterranean. In order to reduce bycatches of shark we tested an excluder grid with 90mm bar spacing during experimental fishing in the Tyrrhenian Sea (Western Mediterranean). Data collected made it possible to simultaneously evaluate catch losses of two commercial species: Nephrops norvegicus (Norway lob ...
- Sala, Antonello, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Fisheries research 2015 v.161 pp. 182-190
- European Union; Mullus barbatus; equipment design; fish; fisheries; issues and policy; juveniles; shrimp; trawl nets; Italy; Mediterranean Sea
- ... Relatively little scientific work has been done to assess the selectivity of square-mesh codends in the highly variable multi-species conditions in the Italian trawl fisheries. Therefore this study was initiated to investigate the effect of using square-mesh and larger diamond-mesh codends on size selectivity of deepwater red shrimp (Aristaeomorpha foliacea) and red mullet (Mullus barbatus), with ...