Jump to Main Content
- Sella, Luca, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Plant science 2015 v.240 pp. 161-169
- Fusarium graminearum; cell death; cell suspension culture; enzyme activity; enzyme inhibition; heat inactivation; transgenic plants; wheat; xylan; xylanases
- ... To shed light on the role of Xylanase Inhibitors (XIs) during Fusarium graminearum infection, we first demonstrated that three out of four F. graminearum xylanases, in addition to their xylan degrading activity, have also the capacity to cause host cell death both in cell suspensions and wheat spike tissue.Subsequently, we demonstrated that TAXI-III and XIP-I prevented both the enzyme and host cel ...
- Sella, Luca, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Molecular plant pathology 2015 v.16 no.6 pp. 583-592
- Fusarium graminearum; Fusarium head blight; active sites; cell death; durum wheat; enzyme inhibitors; flowering; hydrogen peroxide; models; pathogens; tissues; transgenic plants; xylanases
- ... The xylanase inhibitor TAXI‐III has been proven to delay Fusarium head blight (FHB) symptoms caused by Fusarium graminearum in transgenic durum wheat plants. To elucidate the molecular mechanism underlying the capacity of the TAXI‐III transgenic plants to limit FHB symptoms, we treated wheat tissues with the xylanase FGSG_03624, hitherto shown to induce cell death and hydrogen peroxide accumulatio ...