Jump to Main Content
- Selli, Elena, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2015 v.137 no.17 pp. 5646-5649
- electrochemistry; electrolytes; nanopores; nanotubes; tungsten oxide
- ... We introduce the use of pure molten ortho-phosphoric acid (o-H₃PO₄) as an electrolyte for self-organizing electrochemistry. This electrolyte allows for the formation of self-organized oxide architectures (one-dimensional nanotubes, nanochannels, nanopores) on metals such as tungsten that up to now were regarded as very difficult to grow self-ordered anodic oxide structures. In this work, we show p ...
- Selli, Elena, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2015 v.119 no.36 pp. 20792-20800
- bismuth; electrodes; electron transfer; photocatalysis; photocatalysts; physical chemistry; spectroscopy; synergism; tungsten oxide
- ... Bismuth vanadate (BiVO₄) with a band gap of ∼2.4 eV has emerged as one of the visible photocatalysts that can absorb light below 520 nm. The electron/hole pairs that are generated following BiVO₄ band gap excitation are effective for water splitting, especially when BiVO₄ is combined with other metal oxides such as WO₃. We report a solution processed method for designing transparent WO₃/BiVO₄ hete ...