Jump to Main Content
- Sevastyanova, Olena, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Holzforschung 2015 v.69 no.6 pp. 769-776
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; acrylic acid; composite polymers; copolymerization; epichlorohydrins; lignin; nitrogen; pollutants; scanning electron microscopy; solid phase extraction; sorbents; sorption; styrene; thermal stability; thermogravimetry
- ... A novel method for synthesizing microspheres from lignin or lignin acrylate derivatives through copolymerization with styrene (St) and divinylbenzene (DVB) has been developed. The copolymers were obtained by the emulsion-suspension polymerization with a constant molar ratio of DVB to St of 1:1 (w/w) and different amounts of lignin or its derivatives. The morphologies of the obtained materials were ...
- Sevastyanova, Olena, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2015 v.73 pp. 118-126
- Eucalyptus; acid treatment; alkali treatment; biomass production; biotransformation; chemical composition; chemical structure; ethanol; lignin; raw materials; silica; straw; sugarcane; sugarcane bagasse; toluene; uronic acids; xylan
- ... The impact of hydrothermal, dilute acid, and alkaline pretreatments on the chemical structure of eucalyptus, sugarcane bagasse, and straw were compared with a view to their subsequent bioconversion into ethanol. Sugarcane bagasse and straw contain high amounts of extractives (15.0% and 12.2%, respectively), ash (2.3% and 7.9%, respectively), and silica (1.4% and 5.8%, respectively). If not properl ...