Jump to Main Content
- Shin, Chan Young, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- The Journal of nutritional biochemistry 2015 v.26 pp. 1520-1526
- dopamine; dopamine receptors; dose response; environmental factors; fructose; gene expression; locomotion; maternal nutrition; messenger RNA; mice; oral administration; phenotype; pregnancy; progeny; protein synthesis; risk factors; sucrose; weaning; weight gain
- ... In recent years, the average consumption of sugar in humans from all ages has remarkably increased, exceeding the recommended limit. Pregnancy is a critical time for the global development of offsprings who are vulnerable to the deleterious effects of environmental factors. In this study, we investigated whether high sucrose consumption during pregnancy could affect the attention-deficit hyperacti ...
- Shin, Chan Young, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Archives of pharmacal research 2015 v.38 no.4 pp. 556-565
- Western blotting; anesthetics; astrocytes; brain; casein; cell viability; mitogen-activated protein kinase; neurons; neuroplasticity; neuroprotective effect; neurotoxicity; plasminogen activator inhibitors; rats; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; t-plasminogen activator
- ... Propofol, a widely used anesthetic, regulates neurological processes including neurotoxicity, neuroprotection, glial activation, synaptic plasticity and neuronal maturation. Tissue plasminogen activator/tissue plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (tPA/PAI-1) in CNS acts as a neuromodulator regulating synaptic plasticity, neurite outgrowth, seizure spreading and cell survival. Here, we investigated th ...