Jump to Main Content
- Weigelt, Alexandra, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Ecology letters 2015 v.18 no.12 pp. 1356-1365
- carbon; exudation; microorganisms; nutrient uptake; phosphorus; probability; soil; soil nutrient dynamics; soil organic matter; species diversity
- ... Plant species richness (PSR) increases nutrient uptake which depletes bioavailable nutrient pools in soil. No such relationship between plant uptake and availability in soil was found for phosphorus (P). We explored PSR effects on P mobilisation [phosphatase activity (PA)] in soil. PA increased with PSR. The positive PSR effect was not solely due to an increase in Cₒᵣg concentrations because PSR r ...
- Weigelt, Alexandra, et al. Show all 37 Authors
- Nature 2015 v.526 no.7574 pp. 574-577
- anthropogenic activities; biodiversity; climatic factors; conservation buffers; drought; ecological resilience; ecosystem services; ecosystems; grasslands
- ... It remains unclear whether biodiversity buffers ecosystems against extreme climate events, which are becoming increasingly frequent worldwide. Although early results suggested that biodiversity might provide both resistance and resilience (sensu rapid recovery) of ecosystem productivity to drought, subsequent experimental tests produced mixed results. Here we generally test whether biodiversity pr ...