Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Liuyan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- ACS applied materials 2015 v.7 no.19 pp. 10634-10640
- Escherichia coli; X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; adsorption; aqueous solutions; bagasse; biochar; biofuels; carbon; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; ethanol production; nanocomposites; nanosilver; physicochemical properties; pyrolysis; scanning electron microscopy; silver
- ... A novel approach was used to prepare engineered biochar from biofuel residue (stillage from bagasse ethanol production) through slow pyrolysis. The obtained biochar was characterized for its physicochemical properties as well as silver sorption ability. Sorption experimental data showed that engineered biochar quickly and efficiently removed silver ion (Ag⁺) from aqueous solutions with a Langmuir ...
- Yang, Liuyan, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Ecological engineering 2015 v.84 pp. 624-631
- air; ammonium nitrogen; bioelectricity; chemical oxygen demand; constructed wetlands; electric power; electrodes; microbial fuel cells; oxygen; phosphorus; plant growth; pollutants; temperature; wastewater treatment; wetland plants
- ... A new design of a pilot-scale constructed wetland managed with a membraneless microbial fuel cell (CW-MFC) was tested here to assess its potential to generate electricity and remove pollutants under different operating conditions. In the CW-MFC, the cathode was half vertically inserted into the matrixes of constructed wetland (CW) and half exposed to the air to benefit from both surrounding wetlan ...