Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: tseng?
- Yang, Tsung-Han, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Yàowù shípǐn fēnxī 2015 v.23 no.4 pp. 758-765
- Gelidium; adipokines; adipose tissue; adiposity; blood glucose; cholesterol; diabetes; drinking water; drugs; excretion; experimental diets; high fat diet; interleukin-6; lipolysis; plasminogen activator inhibitors; rats; triacylglycerols; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; Taiwan
- ... Gelidium amansii (GA) is an edible red algae that is distributed mainly in northeastern Taiwan. This study was designed to investigate the effects of GA on plasma glucose, lipids, and adipocytokines in rats with streptozotocin-nicotinamide-induced diabetes. Rats were divided into four groups: (1) rats without diabetes fed a high-fat diet (control group); (2) rats with diabetes fed a high-fat diet; ...
- Yang, Tsung-Han, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2015 v.63 no.11 pp. 2979-2988
- adenosine monophosphate; adipocytes; adipose tissue; biosynthesis; chitosan; diet; enzyme activity; epididymis; genes; hypertrophy; lipogenesis; lipolysis; lipoprotein lipase; liver; obesity; phosphorylation; rats; regulatory proteins; transcription factors; triacylglycerols
- ... This study investigated the role of chitosan in lipogenesis in high-fat diet-induced obese rats. The lipogenesis-associated genes and their upstream regulatory proteins were explored. Diet supplementation of chitosan efficiently decreased the increased weights in body, livers, and adipose tissues in high-fat diet-fed rats. Chitosan supplementation significantly raised the lipolysis rate; attenuate ...
- Yang, Tsung-Han, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2015 v.502 pp. 585-589
- C-reactive protein; adults; air pollution; blood sampling; confidence interval; cross-sectional studies; epidemiological studies; inflammation; models; particulates; patients; periodontitis; risk factors
- ... The association between particulate air pollution and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) has been well documented in epidemiological studies. Periodontitis has been linked to elevated hs-CRP levels in recent studies. It is still unknown whether patients with periodontal infections are more susceptible to particulate air pollution. The aim of this study was to investigate whether particle ...